Mount Everest Marathon is one of the most picturesque, challenging and the most adventurous trail runs in the world. This amazing event is conducted to commemorate the first successful ascent of Everest by Late Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Late Sir Edmund Hillary on 29th May, 1953. The marathon starts from the Everest Base Camp (5364m/17,598ft) and finishes at Namche Bazaar (3446m/11306ft). The measured distance of the course is 42.195 km (26.2 miles) over rough mountain trails.
This epic journey starts with a scenic mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla, amd we trek for next 10 days through the beautiful local Sherpa villages with amazing close views of the world's highest mountains. The beautiful Kalapatthar at 5545m/18200ft is the highest point we reach in this trip and it offers the breathtaking panoramic view of Himalayans including Mount Everest, ranges and glaciers. From Kalapatthar we continue our trek to Everest Base Camp which is the starting point for the Marathon. We will spend 2 days at Everest Base Camp and our race starts and it goes down through the Khumbu Valley through Lobuche, Dingboche, Pangboche, Tengboche, Khumjung, and finishes in Namche Bazaar.
This race is mostly downhill but still it is not for everyone. This race will be very challenging and demanding even for the fittest runners. This trip is recommended only for those who are physically fit and can train regularly to meet the demands of running a high altitude marathon. On race day, there will be official marshals, time keepers and attendants at all check points and water stations at regular intervals along the route with arrangements for medical and emergency assistance and evacuation if required.
Everest marathon is a high elevation of the race, it is a difficult race even for professionals so all participants are requested to be in Nepal three weeks prior to the race for acclimatizing to the high altitude. This 3 weeks adventures and experience of a lifetime trip is a well designed program with combination of cultural sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley and 10 days trek to Everest Base camp with professional team.
May 15 2019 - Day 01: Arrival in Nepal
May 16 2019 - Day 02: Cultural tour around Kathmandu, meeting with guide and team.
May 17 2019 - Day 03: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding Village. 3 hour hike to Phakding at 8,699 feet.
May 18 2019 - Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar. 11,283 feet. Approx. 5 to 6 hours of trekking.
May 19 2019 - Day 05: Rest and acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar.
May 20 2019 - Day 06: Trek to Khumjung Village. 12,430 feet. Approx. 3 hours of trekking.
May 21 2019 - Day 07: Trek to Deboche. 12,535 feet. 5 hours of trekking.
May 22 2019 - Day 08: Trek to Dingboche. 14,432 feet. Approx. 5 to 6 hours of trekking.
May 23 2019 - Day 09: Rest and acclimatization day at Dingboche.
May 24 2019 - Day 10: Trek to Lobuche. 16,164 feet. via Dugla. Approx. 5 hours of trekking.
May 25 2019 - Day 11: Trek to Gorakshep at 16,990 feet.
May 26 2019 - Day 12: Hike up Kala Pattar (18,200 feet) in the afternoon.
May 27 2019 - Day 13: Trek to Mount Everest Base Camp and Khumbu Icefall at 17,515 feet.
May 28 2019 - Day 14: At Everest Base Camp.
May 29 2019 - Day 15: RACE DAY - The Tenzing-Hillary Everest Marathon.
May 30 2019 - Day 16: To Monjo. 9,299 feet. Approx. 3 to 4 hours of trekking.
May 31 2019 - Day 17: Trek to Lukla. 9,184 feet. 5 hours of trekking.
June 01 2019 - Day 18: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu. Hotel.
June 02 2019 - Day 19: Free day in Kathmandu. Group celebration dinner.
June 03 2019 - Day 20: Transfer to the airport for your return flight.
- 4-nights hotel stay in Kathmandu on Twin Sharing basis with breakfast.
- Airport/hotel transfers in Kathmandu.
- Domestic flight: Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu.
- Full Board accommodation during trekking period backed by our Sherpa crew using lodges or tented camps.
- Trekking permits and national park entrance fees.
- FREE Kit bag with official marathon logo to pack your luggage during the trek.
- Porters to carry baggage (must be within stipulated weight limit i.e. 15kg).
- Half-day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu.
- Event t-shirt, participant medal and certificate and souvenir t-shirt.
- Celebration dinner party at Everest Base Camp, at Lukla at the end of trek and in Kathmandu after on 2 June.
- Nepalese Visa: USD $ 40 for 30 days (Can be paid upon arrival at Nepal).
- International flight Ticket.
- Single Supplement hotel/lodge/tent accommodation on BB basis. (Extra charges).
- Meals while in Kathmandu. (3 lunches, 3 dinners).
- Extra nights in Kathmandu.
- Expenses of personal nature and gratitude (tips).
- International travel, trip cancellation and medical insurance.
- Emergency/medical evacuation by helicopter or plane.
- Medical costs.